Are you in search of motorcycle stands? Well, we have got you covered. To keep your bike in perfect working condition requires proper cleaning, maintenance, storage, etc.
This is where a motorcycle stand will effectively assist you. It will keep your bike fixed and balanced, making it easy for you to check your tire pressure and refill brake fluid and coolant. Hence, it’s must-have equipment in your garage when you own a bike
In this article, we have reviewed the top 5 best motorcycle stands and narrowed down the options for you.
Let’s get started:
1. YITAMOTOR Universal Motorcycle Stand
On our top position, we have a fully adjustable design motorcycle stand from YITAMOTOR. It allows you to adjust the stand to fit most motorcycles and sportbikes.
The best part about this motorcycle stand is its durable steel construction that offers your bike the utmost stability and support. With a maximum weight capacity of 440 lbs, this motorcycle stand is ideal to be used in your home garage or repair shops.
Want to know more? It has a front-wheel fork of 9 to 12 inches wide, while the rear wheel spool is 8.75 to 12.75 inches wide. It has a minimal appearance with black finishing and comes with an instruction manual to enable easy installation.
The front stand features thick rubber to prevent any damage to your motorcycle. Hence, it’s one of the best motorcycle stands that will keep your bike grounded and offer you maximum convenience.
More: Best Motorcycle Locks
- Quantity: 1 Pair (Front + Rear Stand Set) Fully adjustable design allows you to adjust the stand to suit most sports bike and motorcycle in any occasion, great for home or shop repairs.
- Durable, welded construction with 4 wheels for stability, 440 lb weight capacity. Perfect for easy and safe lifting of the front wheel & rear wheels for most general maintenance and repair jobs.
- The front lift stand fits sport bike wheel forks 9” wide to 12” wide; The rear lift stand fits sport bike rear swing arm spools 8.75” to 12.5” wide. Twin wheel design provides extra stability when lifting and the broad U-shape footprint offers improved stability while the bike is in the air.
- High grade solid steel construction with black finish, easy installation with instructions. Will lift all sport bikes (within the adjustable width).
- With very safe and solid packing avoid damage during shipment, also ONE-FULL year of warranty, if there are any problems welcome to email us first we will offer a satisfied solution within 24 hours.
2. Ruedamann Motorcycle Stand
If you desire maximum maneuverability, then the Ruedamann motorcycle stand is an ideal option. This is a rear motorcycle stand that easily supports the weight of most motorcycles, sports bikes, and even cars.
It includes high-grade aluminum construction, which offers it protection against external shocks and damage. Another attractive feature of this motorcycle stand is that it is very easy and simple to assemble.
Both arms of this motorcycle stand are adjustable, allowing it to fit motorcycles and sports bikes of various sizes. Regardless of whether you want to change tires, clean, or do maintenance of your bike, this motorcycle stand will assist you in it.
Its height is 12.4 inches, while the width can be adjusted between 10.6 to 14.2 inches. It’s a great value for money and one of the best motorcycle stands of its league. You will not be disappointed with buying it.
- 【Durable and Great Load Capacity】The motorcycle stand is made of light aluminum alloy,durabile and maneuverabile, easily support the weight of sports bikes, dirt bikes,motorcycles.
- 【Excellent Welding 】Excellent welding technology making motorcycle lift not vulnerable to external shocks and damage, ensure that it can be used for a long time. The spray molding process is complex and the quality is better. Longer service life than painted products. Strong adhesion surface, nonflammable, longer time to protect the metal surface.
- 【Simple Instructions】 You can finish the motorcycle paddock stand assembly in a few steps with our instructions.Great for tire removal, changes, maintenance and cleaning. The spray molding process is complex and the quality is better. Longer service life than painted products. Strong adhesion surface, nonflammable, longer time to protect the metal surface.
- 【Tip】The diameter of the main frame and the side frames are 1.18" and 1.57" respectively, the wall thickness is 0.08". Height:11.8'',inner width: 10.6''-15". Please use this motorcycle tire stand if the radius of wheel is within 11.8''.Also this stand can only hold up to 550 lbs.
- 【Notice】You can adjust the distance between the supports frame in our accessories we supplied according to the diameter of your wheel to adapt to different vehicles. Before purchasing, please make sure that our product size is suitable for your motorcycle. The reason we did not supply with the bobbins is there are too many different motorcycles type, we cannot know which is the right size of bobbin we can put in the stand package.
3. SPECSTAR Motorcycle Stand
Next on the list is a heavy-duty motorcycle stand by Specstar. You should consider buying it if you prefer to use both front and rear motorcycle stands. A versatile motorcycle stand, making it easy to clean and maintain bikes at home or in repair shops.
Want to know the best part? It comes with high-quality steel construction combined with a black powder-coated finish offering it long-lasting durability. Not just that, the finishing also helps to prevent rusting.
You can easily assemble this motorcycle stand. In fact, with 4 roll wheels, you can effortlessly move your vehicle around. It offers you the maximum weight capacity of 440 lbs. Moreover, the adjustable design allows it to fit various motorcycle and sports bikes.
Ultimately, this is a safe and reliable motorcycle stand for easy maintenance, cleaning, and repairing purposes. An ideal motorcycle stand to invest in, and it will offer maximum value to your money.
More: Best Motorcycle Covers
- MULTIPLE USES - The motorcycle front & rear wheel lift stand can be used together or separately; By supporting the vehicle, it makes it easy and effortless for people to clean and maintain their bikes at home or in repair shops; It will lift all sport bikes as long as within the adjustable width, and can fit sport bikes of Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Yamaha
- PREMIUM MATERIALS - With a sturdy metal frame, the whole structure is hard and firm; Made of high-quality steel with a black powder-coated finish, they are rustproof and durable enough for lifetime use; The front and rear wheels stand combo is convenient to use and won’t break easily, making your safe when manipulating the motorcycle
- RELIABLE & STABLE - With a capacity of 440 lbs. each, it is stable and safe enough to lift up the front and rear wheels of your vehicle for easy maintenance and repair situations; The triangle structure ensures balanced support while the anti-slip bottom pads reduce the possibility of slippage and abrasion
- ADJUSTABLE WIDTH - Designed with an adjustable bracket, the width of the front stand can be adjusted from 9 to 12.2 inches while that of the rear stand can be adjusted from 10.2 to 14.2 inches; The SPECSTAR Front and Rear Wheels Lift combo is suitable for most bikes and motorcycles, allowing you to adjust the stand width for different occasions
- EASY ASSEMBLY & OPERATION - There are few accessories and parts, which only takes a few minutes to fully assemble a motorcycle wheel lift stand; With 4 roll wheels, moving the vehicle becomes easier and saves unnecessary effort; Its smooth surface is easy to clean with a wet cloth
4. Venom Sport Bike Motorcycle Front & Rear Combo Wheel Lift Stands
Venom motorcycle stands are another excellent addition to the list of best motorcycle stands. It’s a combo of front and rear wheel lift sets with high-grade steel construction for maximum durability.
You are going to love this motorcycle stand for its ease of use. Venom’s rear stand comes professionally engineered with a force ratio that comfortably handles your bike. On the other hand, the front stand comes with rubber-coated under-fork adapters. These assist in preventing scratches or damages during the lifting process.
It’s easy to assemble, and the four legs ensure easy maneuverability and rigid support. Venom motorcycle stand is an all-rounder that will assist you in different terrain settings.
- [STABLE & DURABLE] - Our Professionally Designed Combo Motorcycle Lift Stands Are Made With A Specialized Heavy Duty Weld That Provides Maximum Stability. The Superior Enhanced Robust Steel Construction Adds Additional Durability To The Already Sturdy Stands. The Triangular Shaped Crossbar And Four Caster Wheels On Each Stand Increase Balance And Support. The Motorcycle Stand Lift Cradle Is Cushioned With Rubber Padding To Avoid Abrasions And Scuffs To Your Front Wheel Forks and Rear Swingarm.
- [ADJUSTABLE UNIVERSAL FITMENT] - By Adjusting The Brackets, This Lift Stand Can Be Made To Fit Virtually Any Bike Or Motorcycle. The Adjustable Bracket For The Front Stand Can Be Adjusted From 7.5" To 10.5". The Rear Stand Can Be Adjusted From 10" To 14.5". With A Combined Weight Capacity Of Over 850lbs, Our Adjustable Stand Is One Of The Strongest Motorcycle Stands Out There And Can Bear The Weight Of Most Motorcycles.
- [EASY TO USE & LIFT] - The Motorcycle Stand Is Not Just Strong, Robust And Durable, It Is Also Extremely Easy To Use. Assemble, Set-up And Lift Your Motorcycle In Under 5 Minutes! Our Perfectly Engineered Stand Works As A Force Multiplier That Has Been Designed To Lift Your Bike With Little To No Effort. The Elongated Handle Aids The Ease Of Lifting Your Motorcycle. The Stand Is Also Portable, Making It Easy To Carry With You On Your Road Trips!
- [AT-HOME REPAIRS & MAINTENANCE] - Our Motorcycle Jack Lift Stand Is Suitable For All Sorts Of At-Home Repairs And Maintenance Work Including Oil Changes, Cleaning And Lubing Chains, Washing Your Bike, Installing New Parts, Wheel Cleaning, Or Just Winter Storage. Prevent Your Tires From Getting Flat Spots When In Long Term Storage.
- [FRONT & REAR STAND COMBO] - Use The Front Fork Wheel Lift Stand And Rear Spool Stand Separately Or Together. When Used Together, Our Front And Rear Combo Help To Completely And Evenly Lift Your Motorcycle Off The Ground. No Tipping Over On One Side And No Flat Spots On Your Tires. Your Motorcycle Can Stand Upright In Your Garage, Saving Lots Of Space!
5. MaxxHaul 70271 Adjustable Motorcycle Wheel Chock Stand
Finally, a motorcycle stand by MaxxHaul offers you a weight capacity of 1800 lbs. This is the highest weight capacity as compared to other motorcycle stands on the list.
This motorcycle stand can easily accommodate wheels of 3 to 5 inches wide. The heavy-duty steel construction offers it excellent durability. Moreover, it also includes a black powder coat finish, which protects against rust and corrosion.
An interesting feature of this motorcycle stand is that it comes with a self-locking wheel cradle. That helps to utilize bike weight to keep itself upright. Besides, it includes anchor points for added stability.
This motorcycle stand is enough to keep your bike secure, whether in a trailer, pickup, or service lift of any flat surface.
- Capacity: 1,800 pounds
- Accommodates most wheels 3 to 5 inches wide
- Heavy duty steel construction; Black powder coat finish to resist rust and corrosion
- Self-locking wheel cradle utilizes bike weight to keep itself upright
- Anchor points for added stability
Buyer’s guide for the Best Motorcycle Stand
It is important to buy a product that gives true value to your money. In addition to this, here are a few wings that you must take into consideration before buying the best motorcycle stand.
It is the most important aspect to consider when it comes to buying a motorcycle stand. The durability or robustness of a product is something that gives them longevity and portability. The material used in the manufacturing of the product has a huge impact on its performance.
Many companies use cheap materials in their motorcycle stand, which, as a result, makes them bend, shake, and sometimes underweight. In terms of durability, we would suggest you buy the product made up of heavy-duty stainless steel as it has the best robustness to offer than other materials.
Moreover, suppose you are looking for a lightweight component. In that case, you should go for an aluminum motorcycle stand as they are compatible and give maximum durability. Not just that, but if you want something extra, then there is another important thing to consider here: the coat of metal.
Look for the product that uses a high-quality metal coat with a rust-proof component so that you can use it for a longer duration easily.
The stand mechanism is another important thing to consider as it gives them the support to last long and holds the motorcycle safely.
This is something which gives you the confidence to perform, knowing the fact that the product you are using is stable enough to manage the requirement of these vehicles.
Although every motorcycle has a different model with different combinations of features, when it comes to choosing a stand, make sure you get the most suitable of all.
Weight is equally responsible for the motorcycle’s performance stand as other components because this is something that tells you whether the product is supportive enough or not.
This is because most of the motorcycle stands give the ability to support more than 300 lbs, which is an ideal choice for motorcycles that are not too big.
Moreover, hydraulic stands can easily support more than 1000 lbs due to its strong mechanism. With these stands, you can easily use them wherever necessary and lift big motorcycles.
It is a very important thing to consider before buying a motorcycle stand because it will support the weight of the motorcycle, and choosing the wrong product will cost you the risk of uncomfortable running, and it may collapse due to overloading.
- Type of stand
Here you must be thinking that the type should matter? Yes, it does because there are different types of motorcycle stands in the market designed for different purposes. In addition to this, you are recommended to buy the product that suits the most to your job of using it.
- Like trestles, which give support to the front and hold the tire, this type of stand helps those who usually store their bike frequently and keep them vertically.
- Then there are cross stands that come with both shock absorbers and without them. This type of stand supports the bike in order to raise them a bit off the ground so that if you want to check them, you can easily.
- Another commonly used stand is the rear stand, which is used for diabolos. This type of stand gives the motorcycle maximum stability to keep the motorcycle supportive enough and ensure the fact that it will not move.
- Hydraulic stands, the most compatible of all. It has the best mechanism to support the motorcycle that is too heavy.
Different types of rear stands
There are a few different kinds of rear stands to consider. Usually, they have a universal fitting in a bracket that grips the swingarm’s bottom and side.
Most of them come with U shaped sockets that will slot onto a set of bobbins screwed into the swing arm sides. These are easily fitted, though. The latter is more straightforward to do without help from an assistant.
Different types of front motorcycle stands
There are a few different types of front stands to choose from. The triple tree head lift slots into the steering yoke’s bottom to take the weight off the front wheel. This type is usually used for repairing or maintenance of the forks. Another type that clamps to the bottom of the forks to lift the bike from the bottom.
Usually, the motorbike stands will come with wheels that make it possible to move the motorcycle when it’s elevated. The wheels should be stable and sturdy so that the stand can maintain balance after the bike is lifted during maintenance.
You need to watch out for larger wheels for a standalone center bearing or axle. Most of the stands come with this setup, though you should avoid any that don’t have durable looking wheels.
Safety is a prime requirement for every bike stand. While lifting up the bike and leveling it down, the stand should carefully perform. Make sure that you buy a stand that does not tip over or wobble under pressure.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a motorcycle stand?
A motorcycle stand is a safe and sturdy piece of equipment that helps to support and lift up your bike to ease up cleaning, maintenance, and storage.
Are motorcycle stands universal?
Some motorcycle stands will come with an adjustable design. This will allow for universal fitment to most sports bikes, even though some stands will work only with specific types of bikes.
Therefore, you need to check the manufacturer’s recommendation on the types of bikes that work with your stand.
Do I really need to use both the front and rear motorcycle stands?
Usually, you can use the rear stand to lift your bike to allow you to safely and quickly access all the parts for maintenance, repair, or cleaning. You will need to use a front stand as well if you plan on checking the front wheel and forks.
Keep in mind that you can’t use the front stand alone as it makes your bike more vulnerable to tipping. You must first install the rear stand and then the front one as a safety precaution.
Can I store my bike on stands to prevent flats in winter?
We advise you to raise both wheels off the ground by using both the front and rear stands to ensure they all survive through the harsh winter weather. Although the front stand is usually optional in most cases.
Is a motorcycle stand durable?
Most motorcycle stands are based on a simple metal frame design, which will last well in time. But, not all frames are made with a powder coat finish, and not all of them can survive if they come with a low weight capacity.
What tools do I need to install a motorcycle stand?
Standard tools used for a stand’s installation include the usual tools from the motorcycle kit. No special tools are required whatsoever, and some of the latest stands don’t need any assembly at all.
Which is better: the front or rear stands?
The most important one is the rear wheel stand, which is the most frequently used. It’s a good idea to have a front stand handy as a precaution if you plan on working on the chain and other activities.
The front stand can give you better access to all of the motorcycle’s various components when you need to have both wheels off the ground for repairs or maintenance.
Can I use the stand-alone center stand while working on my motorbike?
We do not recommend using the center stand while carrying out maintenance jobs on your motorbike.
This stand extends from the motorbike’s center. It lifts your entire motorbike, eliminating the need for a rear or front wheel. It’s also permanently fixed on your bike, so you can use it anywhere, anytime
Unfortunately, a motorcycle lifted using only the center stand isn’t relatively stable. The chances of falling or tipping over are relatively high.
We still urge you to use the front wheel (plus the front stand, if necessary) to repair and maintain your bike.
How do I know which stand best fits my motorcycle?
Knowing which stand is perfect for any type of motorcycle is a matter of wheel fit. Most universal stands fit multiple wheels. However, the stand’s product description should show just which wheels can serve best.
Is a motorcycle stand challenging to install?
A motorcycle stand should not be hard to install. Assembly might be required. The few designs which are anchored to the floor would also come with full instructions.
For maintenance, cleaning, or storage purpose, a motorcycle stand is a tool that comes in handy in all. Above we reviewed the top 5 best motorcycle stands in 2021. We hope you like our list, and this article helped you find a motorcycle stand you were looking for.
Our favorite choice is YITAMOTOR Universal Motorcycle Stand. This all in one motorcycle stand is undoubtedly the best motorcycle stand. It’s durable, versatile, offers excellent support, and most importantly, a budget-friendly motorcycle stand.