Parking your motorcycle outside is always a risk. If you do it without security locks, then you are inviting thieves and intruders yourself. Therefore, all motorcycle owners need to put an anti-theft system on their motorcycles
For this reason, we searched the market and compared several motorcycle locks, and listed the top 5 best motorcycle locks in this article. Hence, you are free from the struggle of finding the best motorcycle lock for yourself.
You will be glad to hear that we also have a buyer’s guide at the end of the review to help you know the key factors when buying a motorcycle lock.
Let’s get started:
1. ToolWRX Motorcycle Lock
If you are looking for an ultimate security solution for your motorcycle, then this TooLWRX motorcycle lock is your best option. It is a versatile and heavy-duty anti-theft grip lock that will keep your bike secure from thieves.
What we like the most about this motorcycle lock is the advanced tamper-proof locking system. It is made with high-quality CNC aluminum that makes it lightweight as well. Besides, it is very easy to use, and you can use it for a number of vehicles.
We would suggest you buy this motorcycle lock if you are a student and want to keep your bike safe. This is a better alternative to secure your motorcycle than a wheel lock.
It is durable and will ensure that your bike is protected against all the negative elements.
- 🏍️ PREVENT YOUR MOTORCYCLE FROM BEING STOLEN – Unlike our competitors' light weight and cheap lock our Heavy Duty Anti-Theft Grip Lock will ensure your Street Bike, Crotch Rocket, Motorcycle, ATV, Moped, 4 Wheeler or Dirtbike will be waiting for you when you return! Great idea for winter storage units.
- 🏍️ ADVANCED TAMPER PROOF LOCKING SYSTEM – The heavy duty locking device is made of high quality yet light-weight CNC aluminum. It’s been tested and we don’t go riding without ours. This is great for college students that don’t want to have their Scooter or Moped stolen from campus or their apartment!
- 🏍️ A VERSATILE LOCK DEVICE – This is universal yet genius product that our customer’s absolutely love! It will work on bikes with grips up to 1.5 inches in diameter (38 mm), you can secure your motorcycle from being stolen by simply clamping it on to your handlebar locking the front brake or clutch lever. We’ve also been told it’s a much safer and smarter alternative to a wheel lock!
- 🏍️ USE IT WITH A STORAGE COVER – This device works great with storage covers. If you have a moped, scooter or small dirtbike check out our storage cover. ASIN B06XKTX56Q, they work great together!
- 🏍️ BROUGHT TO YOU BY PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY RIDE! - Why should you trust in us? Because we’re a small company that focuses on QUALITY products. Our owners have raced and rode motorcycles for over 20 years so they understand how to make AWESOME products! Should you have any questions we’re here to HELP!
2. OKG New Vision Bike Chain Locks
This is a very unique motorcycle lock that consists of hexagonal chain links constructed with heat-treated boron manganese. The anti-rust steel construction offers it extreme strength.
Moreover, individual links’ narrower inner width prevents bolt coppers, bolt cutters, and leverage attacks. The best thing about this motorcycle lock is its reinforced, anti-rust, and shrouded lock shell. Not just that, the 16 mm hardened steel shackle with a double locking mechanism makes it hard for thieves to break it.
In addition, the cinch loop circle link design extends the chain’s actual usage length. Another attractive feature of this motorcycle lock is that it is weather resistant. The sliding dust-cover design protects it against debris, dirt, corrosion and enhances cylinder life.
You get user-friendly reversible keys with key code numbers. All these mouth-watering features make OKG one of the best motorcycle locks.
More: Best Motorcycle Covers
- 12mm hexagonal chain links made of advanced triple heat-treated boron MANGANESE ANTI-RUST STEEL for extreme strength, Narrower inner width of individual links prevents bolt cutters, bolt croppers and leverage attacks.
- Reinforced, anti-rust, shrouded lock shell and 16mm hardened MAX-Performance steel SHACKLE with HARDENED double locking mechanism provides ultimate protection against hand tools, bolt cutters, saw, leverage and bolt croppers attack. High security STAINLESS STEEL disc-style cylinder with anti-drill, anti-saw and anti-pull protection system.
- CINCH LOOP CIRCLE LINK for effective lock-ups design extends the chain actual usage length and which means less bulk to carry.
- Durable, weather-resistant, highly flexible embroidered sleeve with hook-n-loop fastener allows compact coiling and protects bike, motorbike surface. SLIDING DUST-COVER design to protect from dirt, debris, corrosion and extends cylinder life.
- Better ergonomics designed handle and 2 BRASS STEEL "I" user-friendly reversible KEYs with key code numbers; Please DO NOT HESITATE to contact us if you require further information.
3. MYSBIKER Motorcycle Alarm Disc Brake Lock
Are you looking for an affordable motorcycle lock? Consider buying this motorcycle lock by MYSBIKER. It is a disc brake lock that comes with an alarm to notify you whenever someone tries to intrude on your motorcycle.
This motorcycle lock has a very unique locking mechanism. It automatically activates on sensing any vibration or shock. Not just that, the alarm sound can reach up to a surprising level of 110 DB.
Want to know more? It comes with a 2m reminder cable that reminds you to remove the lock before riding. Moreover, it is very easy to lock with just a one-press operation—a lot of convenience for you.
The best feature of this motorcycle lock is its durable forged stainless steel construction. This makes it waterproof, corrosion-resistant, cut resistant, and high-temperature resistant.
More: Best Motorcycle Stands
- ▶Theft Prevention: MysBiker Alarm Disc Lock-Silver Knight is a practical solution for bikers to protect your beloved motorbikes or bikes while parking outside or at home. The disc lock will be automatically activated when sensing any vibration or shock and the alarm sound is able to reach up to 110 db,keeping your belongings safe and sound.
- ▶Strong and Durable:Made of forged stainless steel, it is waterproof/cut resistant/corrosion resistant/high temperature resistant.
- ▶Long Life Use: Each Motorcycle lock is pre-fitted with 6 LR44 batteries and extra 6 pcs batteries,and 3 pcs brass security keys.To replace the battery,you can use the mini wrench to spin out the 4 screws at the bottom(see picture #6),then change the battery inside.
- ▶Wide Application Range: It is ideal for motorcycles, bicycles, scooters and any vehicle where there are holes or spokes on a wheel.
4. Kryptonite 000884 Keeper 5s Yellow Disc Lock
Kryptonite is another incredible addition to the list of best motorcycle locks. It is a dual reinforced high-security lock with disc style. The best thing about this motorcycle lock is that it is compact, lightweight, and waterproof.
You will not have any problem using this motorcycle lock, and it will offer maximum security to your motorcycle. It features a 5mm pin diameter that will fit most smaller vent holes.
It comes with 2 stainless steel keys with an ergonomic design, reducing the torque amount and preventing it from bending or breaking. In fact, it will immobilize your vehicle to prevent it from rolling away or riding away.
Besides, it even includes an orange reminder cable to prevent riding away while the lock is still activated.
- Dual reinforced high security disc style cylinder
- 5mm pin diameter fits smaller vent holes
- Compact, lightweight and weatherproof
- Includes 2 Stainless Steel keys, with ergonomic design to reduce the amount of torque, and keep them from bending or breaking
- Stapler style disc lock immobilizes vehicle to prevent roll-away or ride-away theft
5. BigPantha Motorcycle Disc Lock
Last but not least is a motorcycle disk lock by BigPantha. BigPantha claims this lock to be impossible to breach, which is good news for you. It has a very robust construction with a modern cutting edge and patented look, making it pick-proof, waterproof, weather-proof, and crowbar-proof.
This motorcycle lock comes with a 14mm hardened steel shackle and double deadbolt patented locking system. It means that your wheel rotor will be more secure than ever. The technology used in this motorcycle lock is much better than those of conventional locks.
For remainder purposes, this motorcycle lock includes a bright orange cable. It will prevent you from riding away while the lock is still engaged. Hence, there are very few chances of any disappointment from your side.
It is definitely a worthy motorcycle lock to invest in.
More: Best Gifts for Bikers
- THIS IS JUST WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR if you need a motorcycle lock that's easy to use and near impossible to breach! This modern cutting edge, and PATENTED lock is pick-proof, crowbar-proof, drill-proof, weather-proof and water-proof! I.e. it's THIEF-PROOF!!
- HEAVY DUTY DISC LOCK that uses a superior 14 mm hardened steel shackle, double deadbolt patented locking system (extra safe) to secure the wheel rotor. This technology is MUCH TOUGHER than your conventional Motorcycle Disc Lock that uses a measly 6 mm pin to slide through the rotor hole. Once fitted the wheel can not be rotated more than a few inches which prevents the bike from being driven or rolled away.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by everyone that tries it! In addition to being extremely secure, it WON'T DAMAGE YOUR VEHICLE since the ULock shackle is coated with a tough resilient and hard rubber sleeve which means that when it's fitted it'll give you max protection and will not damage your bike.
- EASY TO NOTICE – SO A THIEF WILL MOVE ON: Fit the new "Easy to Spot" Bright Orange Reminder Cable (132 cm / 52" long) between the disc lock and your handlebar grip, to make sure that you don't try and drive off with the disc lock u-lock still fitted (yes that would be embarrassing!). And of course the Reminder Cable evolution has anti-theft qualities as draws attention to the front brakes lock – so deterring a thief.
Buyer’s Guide For The Best Motorcycle Lock :
There are several locks with different mechanisms on the market, but here are a few things which you must take into consideration before buying the best motorcycle lock.
- Type of the lock:
There are different types of locks available that are designed for different situations. All of them have some vital features that work efficiently apart from being just a lock! Having said that, the type of motorcycle lock includes,
- Chain locks
- Disc locks
- Cable locks
- Folding bike locks
- Combination locks
Chain locks are said to be the king of the locks as they are the best when it comes to the security of the bike. This type of lock is more considerable than other locks as it has a compact mechanism. Although it is heavier than other locks when it comes to the bike’s security, you cannot doubt its efficiency.
The best part of the chain locks is that they give a large number of locking options due to their vast locking area, and you can easily secure multiple bikes at a time. Chain locks are made up of high-quality mechanisms and extremely durable.
This type of lock is small but works efficiently. If you are looking for a component that is easy to carry anywhere, then disc lock is what you should consider. Keeping this in mind that whenever a thief tries to steal, most of them use a hammer to break the lock while disc locks are unbreakable. Sounds relieving, right!
The shackle is most commonly termed as D/U locks, and it is one of the go-to locks. They are made up of cut-resistant material, which gives protection like no other. The best part of the shackle is that it is very easy to function with and is available in different sizes to easily fit any motorcycle. Another highlighted feature of this type of lock is that it has a double deadbolt locking mechanism with an exceptional security ovalized cylinder and a tough sleeve over the crossbar.
It is a versatile design of locks as it is made up of multiple metal cable strands, which makes it more robust than other locks. Cable locks are flexible and give easy installation. The best part of this type of lock is that they are lightweight and can be carried easily. If you want extra security, then we suggest you choose cable locks or shackles.
Folding bike locks:
A new addition to the motorcycle locks but worth buying! They have received a good rating in terms of security. It is as compact as a D lock, and the portability of the folding bike lock is something you cannot neglect.
Save your motorcycle with the security that only you know! This type of lock is an ideal choice for those who often forget the keys as it comes with a combination of safety. A lock that can easily be operated by inserting a security combination you can easily remember by using the numbers on the spinning dials.
- Safety level
The safety level is the main component to be considered in a lock as this is what gives value to your money. Make sure it has a quality resistance for locking the keyhole and withstanding the attacks by thieves.
Benefits of Using Motorcycle Locks
Motorcycle security should be taken seriously and considered as a necessary action. Calling the police to report a stolen bike could be inconvenient and time-consuming. Bike theft cases are on the rise, and here are some reasons why you need to get a motorcycle lock:
- helps in the prevention of crime
- there are brands familiar with thieves
- there are areas with high cases of bike theft
- thieves can easily lift bikes without locks into trucks
- in-built steering locks cant be relied upon
Various designs and models for motorcycle locks are available on the market. We have gone on about the best five motorcycle locks, but how can you identify which one would be suitable for you. Let us look at some key factors that would play a significant role in helping you make the right choice.
Chances of Causing Damage
These locks are made using a rigid metal material. There’s a high possibility that they could do some damage to the motorcycle body or paintwork. This is common with large chain locks, and that’s why most chain locks are covered with nylons to avoid causing any damage to your motorcycle.
What the Lock is Made of
Motorcycle locks are usually made out of resilient materials like metal. They need to be also resistant to rust because they would be left outside at the mercy of the weather.
Using a motorcycle lock that takes a long time to fit would get you annoyed. Go for a motorcycle lock that would quickly snap in place without any fussing around.
A motorcycle lock needs to be compact. You need to move about with it if you want to keep your bike secured at all times. Some motorcycle locks come with holsters, so they can be easily stored.
It would be good if your motorcycle lock will be visible so bike thieves wouldn’t bother coming close. That is why they often come in orange or yellow color to be seen even in the dark. This will enables thieves to spot these motorcycles and leave them alone.
Where would you park your motorcycle
If you are parking your motorcycle at home, then using a heavy chain is simply the best option. Heavy chains are quite challenging to break, even though cutting equipment can be used when a bike is bolted to the ground. It cannot be driven or lifted off the ground.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a motorcycle lock?
Motorcycle locks come in many different shapes and sizes and are used to secure your bike when it’s left unattended. Either in a public location or in a garage, car park, or your home. While they can’t guarantee your bike’s security and safety, they act as a viable deterrent. The most durable locks need professional and noisy equipment to attempt to cut and remove them.
How does a motorcycle steering lock work?
Motorcycles come with a built-in steering lock. If the handlebars are twisted fully to the right or left, they will lock into position and cannot move. Only by using the ignition key you can release them. You cannot force a bike stuck on full lock to the left or right. It will just go around in circles.
Unfortunately, thieves can now make short work of overcoming the steering lock. They will just smash it apart in mere seconds and push the bike away. Other thieves will lift the entire motorbike into the back of a truck.
How do I lock motorcycle saddlebags?
Motorcycle saddlebags were at the mercy of bystanders in the past. Bikers usually tried to keep their motorbike in view or just trusted that people would respect their property. That is no longer the case. Many motorcyclists choose lockable cables to fix the saddlebags to the body of the bike. Also, some manufacturers now sell saddlebag locks to deter thieves.
How do I lock a motorcycle seat?
Usually, motorcycle seats will have a lock so that you have somewhere safe to store your things. Unfortunately, this is useless if the whole bike is stolen, but it is better than nothing, at least! Usually, it’s locked using the same key used to start up your motorcycle. Although some manufacturers issue separate keys, these locks will not withstand the efforts of a determined thief. They can be snapped apart with a crowbar quite quickly and easily.
Is the lightweight motorcycle locks reliable?
Many of the lightweight models are undoubtedly reliable. The locks’ weight really comes into play when referring to chain locks. Other locks’ strength and reliability rest only in the unit’s locking mechanism and the locking pin. Put merely, lightweight means it won’t be difficult to transport around and easy to handle.
Which style of lock is best for me?
This is determined by where you live, how often you stop, and how complex a system you would like to install on your motorcycle. The staple-shaped lock devices are terrific for locking your wheel disc. These disc locks will prevent the disc from having mobility and also prevent the wheel from moving.
Yet, an adequately attached chain can also prevent mobility. If you need something easy to use, the staple shape disc locks are likely the best pick.
Motorcycle locks play a valuable role in keeping your motorcycle protected from thieves and intruders. From the above list, you can see that they are of various types, but each lock’s primary purpose is to keep your motorcycle secure. We hoped that you liked our recommendations and found yourself the best motorcycle lock.
Our favorite motorcycle lock from the above list ToolWRX Motorcycle Lock. It is a very high-quality lock that transcends its competitors in various aspects.