When you talk about the best motorcycle jacket, you should look for high quality and complement your personality. A Motorcycle Jacket is one of the essential gears for all motorcyclists.
During riding, you are exposed to many dangers such as road, harsh weather, etc. With a motorcycle jacket, you will have protection against crashes. Since the market is filled with tons of motorcycle jackets, and each one varies in quality, it can be a bit challenging for you to choose the right one.
For this reason, we did all the background research for you and listed the top 5 best motorcycle jackets:
1. HWK Motorcycle Jacket
If you are looking for a motorcycle jacket that protects you from the dangers on the road and features an excellent design, then you should go with an HWK motorcycle jacket.
It comes in a 3-color contrast design giving it a very stylish appearance. The best thing about this motorcycle jacket is that it is suitable for all types of weather conditions. It includes 600D Cordura textile construction rendering it strong and rough while ensuring your comfort as well.
This motorcycle jacket is breathable and also includes mesh lining underneath. Moreover, HWK claims this jacket to be 100% waterproof, which is a bonus.
Here’s a deal for you, this motorcycle jacket comes with 5 years of replacement warranty. Hence, it is an ideal jacket to invest in, and it will provide excellent value to your money.
More: Best Motorcycle Helmet
- ✅CE APPROVED ARMORS (REMOVABLE) on the Motorcycle Moto Jacket's Back, Elbows & Shoulders. 3-Color Contrast HWK Design.
- ✅CE APPROVED ARMORS (REMOVABLE) on the Motorcycle Moto Jacket's Back, Elbows & Shoulders. 3-Color Contrast HWK Design.
- ✅ALL WEATHER motorcycle jackets mens, 600D CORDURA CONSTRUCTION Textile Motorcycle Racing Jacket , The HWK Motorcycle Jacket mens is an all season motorbike riding jacket at its best: rugged and strong, yet soft and comfortable to the touch to keep you warm during winter, cool during summer and safe at the same time.
- ✅ 100% Waterproof Motorcycle Jacket for men breathable with the help of lined REISSA MEMBRANE. #HWK to be a part of our growing community of moto enthusiasts 🙂
- ✅MAXIMUM QUALITY at a MINIMUM PRICE: This a bargain, we bet that you would not be able to find a Textile Motorcycle Jacket men at this price in the protective gear market. This Waterproof Motorbike Jacket is BREATHABLE & has MESH LINING UNDERNEATH.
2. Borleni Motorcycle Jacket
This motorcycle jacket by Borleni is an outstanding addition to this list of best motorcycle jackets. It is made with 600 denier polyester high-performance fabric that makes it abrasion resistant and windproof.
In addition, the high-quality construction makes it breathable, comfortable and includes an elasticity polyester mesh fabric. Another excellent feature of this motorcycle jacket is that it consists of a removable warmth cotton liner. Hence, you can wear this jacket in both warm or cold weather.
Some of the other features are an adjustable collar, cuff, hem, and two external pockets. So you can adjust this jacket according to your size and comfort.
There is no possibility of any disappointment from your side with so many mouth-watering features after buying this jacket.
More: Best Motorcycle Helmet
- 1.All season motorcycle jacket,abrasion resistant and windproof 600 denier polyester high performance fabric,lining adopt elasticity polyester mesh fabric,rugged and comfortable to the touch to keep you warm during winter,cool during summer.
- 2.Motorcycle riding jacket contains removable warmth cotton liner,you can wear in cold or warm weather.Removable 4 pieces CE protectors on the shoulders,elbows,removable 1 pieces EVA protectors on the back,helps protect you from falls as you ride while ensuring a full range of motion.
- 3.Motorbike jacket,adjustable cuff,collar,hem,provides maximum mobility so you can focus on the road and ride comfortably.Two external pocket guard your valuables with zipper protection,prevent your valuable falling off from pockets.
- 4.Equipped with reflective strip on the back of the jacket for your safety, this armored outerwear will ensure your presence among other motorists in night.
- 5.Windproof motorcycle jacket is good for all 4 seasons,for cold weather motorcycle jacket keep the thickened cotton liner attached,in hot summer weather simply remove the liner.
3. Vikings Motorcycle Jacket
Vikings are another incredible option for you when you are looking for the best motorcycle jackets. It comes in a number of sizes and colors, allowing you to choose the one that perfectly fits you.
What we like the most about the motorcycle jacket is that it is an all-season motorcycle jacket. It features adjustable ventilation with zipper locked vents that allow you to adjust the vent according to your preferred airflow.
You also have plenty of storage facilities in this motorcycle jacket. It comes with one inner and two outer pockets along with a heavy-duty zipper to keep your belongings safe and secure.
It is one of the most stylish motorcycle jackets that you can buy at an affordable price.
- ✅ SIZE CHART: Check out our SIMPLE SIZE CHART FOR EXACT FIT!
- ✅ ADJUSTABLE VENTILATION: All-season motorcycle jacket equipped with zipper locked vents that allows you to choose your level of airflow depending on the weather. On hot days, remove the inner zip-out liner, for a comfortable trip.
- ✅ MULTI-POCKET STORAGE: 1 inner pockets and two outer pockets guard your possessions with heavy duty zippers, ensuring your valuables are never lost. The inclusion of a dedicated phone pocket means your cellphone will always be on hand and ready.
- ✅ FUNCTIONAL & COMFORTABLE: This is one of Viking Cycle’s most stylish motorcycle jackets with your comfort and style assured. The cuffs and waist have a custom adjustable Velcro straps that gives the desired fit.
- ✅ AFFORDABLE QUALITY: We manufacture our jackets with the highest quality materials at an affordable price. Try our jackets without worry because you will notice the quality of workmanship and ride in style.
4. Hawk Textile Motorcycle Jacket
The Hawk Textile motorcycle jacket is another ideal option for you if you want to buy an all-season jacket. This is a 100% waterproof motorcycle jacket that comes with a proper ceiled REISSA Membrane.
Want to know the best part? It features removable CE approved armors for the back, elbows, and shoulders. Not just that, this motorcycle jacket is even breathable and has mesh lining underneath.
Furthermore, this motorcycle jacket also has a removable winter thermal lining that you can remove depending on the weather. This is definitely one of the best motorcycle jackets that don’t need you to spend an extravagant amount to get it.
It is affordable and of high quality. You are surely going to love it.
More: Best Motorcycle Pants
5. GuTe Motorcycle Protective Jacket
If you are looking for a motorcycle jacket that is equipped with additional protective gear, then the Gute motorcycle jacket is the right choice for you. It includes high impact PE and EVA shields for extra protection. Moreover, the elbows, shoulders, forearms, back, and chest have hard shell padding.
Even being heavily equipped with protective gear, it is lightweight and comfortable. The interlining is made with durable elastic mesh fabric, offering your body comfort and prevents stuffiness.
It will perfectly fit you with an elastic round collar band, adjustable velcro kidney belt, and elastic quick. All these features ensure that you are at maximum comfort while you are riding your bike.
It is available in three sizes, so make sure that you get the right size and save yourself from any inconvenience and disappointment.
- ❤[Effective Protection againt Crash]: High impact PE plastic&EVA shields for extra protection,the chest,back,shoulders, elbows, and forearms have hard shell padding on vulnerable areas.
- ❤【Comfortable and Light to Wear】: Interlining is made of lightweight elastic durable mesh fabric,that allows the whole body to get rid of stuffiness,remains cool and keep you at the top of the game.
- ❤【Fit You Perfectly】: Elastic round collarband is the most easy wear and gets model very good got-up neck line ,the adjustable velcro kidney belt to protect your kidneys and stomach,Cuff is elastic and quick cool design
- ❤【ARMOR SIZE - Asian 3XL】The motorcycle full body armor protector is fit for someone's height is 180-195cm(6 feet to 6.4 feet) . (Approx. Size) Chest 41.7"-44.1", Waist 37"-39.4". Length 22.1"-25.9"
- ❤【How to Choose the Size】: This is Asian Size, measurements may exist apporx.1-3cm errors. If you wear thick undershit, please choose 1-2 size UP from your normal size ensure a great fit, as details you can read the sizing chart.
Buyer’s Guide For The Best Motorcycle Jacket
Riding a motorcycle is fun but putting on a jacket is like a cherry on the top! Here are a few things that you must look for before buying the best motorcycle jacket.
- Type of jacket:
There are four different categories of motorcycle jackets with other purposes. We would suggest you go through the details keenly so that you can pick the most suitable of all!
This type of jacket is specially designed for various riding situations. They are made up of highly durable material along with breathable and waterproof compatibility. It also includes armor options, unlike other jackets. The best part of this type of jacket is insulated with a fine liner and plenty of venting, which is a perfect thing to offer while having such a jacket as this will help the rider withstand different temperatures easily. Moreover, it also includes plenty of pockets so that you can store important stuff quickly. Another highlighted part of these types of jackets is that they give the best coverage to the rider as compared to other jackets.
The cruiser is one of the classic styles of jackets and a choice of most of the riders. The material used in making this jacket is leather, but you can also get this in cotton and textile. This jacket is all about fashion with comfortable wear that makes it an ideal choice for the riders. The best part of this type of jacket is that it gives the best fit among all and offers a flexible design. Armor in this type of jacket is not seen usually as it is not as bulky as armor, but there are improvements in it as armor’s technology is being less interrupting.
Racing is the type of jacket that is made up of corrosion-free material in light of a high crushing rate. Most of the well-known motorcycle helmet brands manufacture jackets keeping the enthusiasm for racing in mind as it is the most commonly used jacket as compared to others. The style used in making this jacket is a thick cowhide keeping the corrosion-free consistency. Unlike other jackets, racing has a pre-curved design due to its sleeves, especially for the tucked riding position, giving riderless fatigue. And the best part? It has a durable zipper that is used to pair racing pants.
This type of jacket is a more casual version of a racing jacket with some additional features. The jacket’s cut is similar to the previous design keeping the style and need of a sportbike in mind, but it is more comfortable, and a bit lose. It is made up of textile, but you can also find a few leather options in it, and some of them are a perfect combination of both materials. Moreover, the manufactures also offer removable venting and liners in this type of jacket with minimum pockets.
There are two types of material used in the manufacturing of jackets used for different riding activity situations. Both leather and textile are reliable options with some downsides as there are two sides to a coin! We would suggest you look at both sides of the materials and select the option that best suits your needs.
For instance, leather jackets are the best option in terms of protection, along with corrosion-free compatibility. And most importantly, it has been the first choice of every biker due to its aesthetic looks with a great combination of features. As a drawback, a leather jacket is not a good option when it comes to weather resistance while textile is!
Textile jackets are said to be more versatile than leather due to the use of fabric in it and offer more additional features. Moreover, they are lightweight, unlike leather, and give the best ventilation with maximum weather protection. Apart from all the vital features in textile, it cannot protect as a leather jacket can!
Reasons to Wear a Motorcycle Jacket
Let’s check the top reasons you need to wear a motorcycle jacket:
- Comfort – The right jacket for you will increase comfort on the road, in addition to providing more protection. You can choose from various fits and sizes and find a model that will fit you like a glove.
- Safety – When it comes to being safe on the road, a motorcycle jacket will play an essential role since it will help protect you in case of a crash. Studies have shown that specific features can make a jacket more useful during an accident. You need to pay more attention to safety features than aesthetics when you’re looking for a new jacket. Instead, you should focus on the type of material it’s made out of, and if it comes with protective armor or not, and how well it fits.
- Show off your style- The right jacket can help with your look and make you stand out from the crowd. Because there are so many styles, types, models, colors, and patterns to choose from, you would have an effortless time finding the right jacket that helps express your style and showcases the look you’re going for.
- Improve your visibility at night – If you like riding your bike at night but want to also remain highly visible to other riders and vehicles on the road. The jackets that come equipped with reflective material can significantly improve your safety at night.
- Protection from the elements – If you are a die-hard rider, and love riding your bike all year-round, then you’ll definitely need a model that comes with an insulating or waterproof liner. The insulated liners will keep you nice and warm. In contrast, the waterproof liners will keep your skin nice and dry, preventing skin irritation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of fabric is best for motorcycle jackets?
Leather was proven to be timeless and was the go-to fabric for motorcycle jackets. Leather is still one of the most popular choices in the world. However, if you live in a warmer region, you may prefer to pick up a textile jacket.
The textile jackets can come in different styles and colors, but what’s great about them is they still give you the protection you need without being too heavy. Most good textile jackets will come with specially placed zips that allow airflow for warmer days but won’t sacrifice your protection level.
Do I really need a motorcycle jacket with armor?
If you want to ride and be safe, get the best you can for the amount of money you’re looking to spend. The addition of armor to a motorcycle jacket provides increased protection in some areas, such as the elbows, shoulders, back, and lumber. It depends on the jacket’s brand and style, but armor can vary from full protection to cheap protective inserts.
Most of the protective inserts are removable, so if you can’t afford that top of the range jacket you want. You can upgrade the armor at a later date. Naturally, the more heavy-duty the motorcycle jacket is, the more protection you will have. The question you need to ask yourself is, how much do you value your life?
What type of motorcycle jacket should I choose?
The motorcycle jacket style comes down to personal preference and the type of riding you are doing
What features do I need to look for in a motorcycle jacket?
- Armor: will reduce the impact should you come off your bike. Make sure they have a Certified European standard rating (CE approved)
- Quality leather: the go-to options of most riders due to their superior protection are cowhide or buffalo
- Quality zips: The YKK zippers are corrosion resistant and will ensure that the zips are easy to grasp while wearing gloves.
- Protective lining: – For a softer fabric, make sure it has a protective liner made from DuPont™ Kevlar® fibers
- Water resistance
- Ventilation: that’s not going to go flat and distract you
- Sealed seams: this can help prevent water penetrating where the fabric joins
- Internal pockets: for keeping your wallet and phone safe.
How can I care best for my motorcycle jacket?
Depends on whether you have a leather jacket or a gore-tex motorcycle jacket, or any other fabric finish variable.
If you have a leather jacket, you can easily clean up the exterior using a leather cleaning kit. It doesn’t need to take it to a dry cleaner or specialist. Also, don’t forget to touch it up with a leather feed solution regularly. This will protect it and keep it healthy, which is what you will need.
If you have a gore-tex or fabric motorcycle jacket with armor, you can do some spot cleaning using a moist cloth. If necessary, you can submerge the jacket in a special cleaning solution after removing the armor. You should use a stiff-bristled brush to do some handwashing and then allow it to dry naturally.
How long should I keep my motorcycle jacket?
Suppose you have ever been involved in a collision. In that case, it is imperative to buy a new motorcycle jacket immediately at high or low speeds. A decent leather motorcycle jacket or a gore-tex motorcycle jacket should last you years. To ensure its longevity, it’s necessary to check periodically your riding jacket’s stitching because this is where the points of weakness are. If the stitching is coming loose at any of the seams, you should start looking for a new motorcycle jacket as soon as possible.
So this was our review for the best motorcycle jackets. We hoped that you liked our list and it included the motorcycle jacket of your choice. All the motorcycle jackets included in this list are of top-notch quality, but if we have to pick one, it would be none other than HWK Motorcycle Jacket. It was obvious as its tops are listed due to its outstanding feature and the value it provides.
With that being said, we would like to thank you for taking out your precious time and reading our article. You can leave us your feedback as we really look up to it.