Regardless of whether you own a high-speed sports bike or some customized classic, the addition of a motorcycle GPS tracker will bring you peace of mind. Do not let your motorcycle stay exposed to the dangers of roads.
Take necessary measures and provide it with a GPS tracker. Technology has brought us many conveniences, and motorcycle GPS tracker devices are one of them.
There are numerous GPS trackers available on the internet, so we did thorough research and listed the top 5 best motorcycle GPS trackers in this article.
Top 5 Best Motorcycle GPS Tracker
1. MoniMoto – Smart Motorcycle GPS Tracker and Alarm
If you are looking for a smart and compact motorcycle GPS tracker, then MoniMoto will serve you the best. The installation is very easy, and it will take approximately 10 minutes to set it up.
You will be glad to hear that MoniMoto offers you two months of free GSM service. Not just that, it charges you the lowest rate of only $3.5 per month.
The fact that it does not include any unnecessary wires allows you to set it up without much difficulty. Moreover, this makes it difficult for thieves to find the Tracker.
Another attractive feature of this motorcycle GPS tracker is that it offers you a long battery life of 12 months. In fact, you only need to replace batteries once a year.
You will be notified in less than 1 minute when any movement is detected. Hence, you can keep track of your vehicle 24/7.
More: Best Motorcycle Covers
- Quick setup - Install it yourself in 10 minutes. Batteries and SIM card included. First 2 months of GSM service is free. Later $3.5/month.
- No wiring - It will never discharge your bike’s battery, no installation cost. No wires - difficult to find for thieves.
- Battery powered - 12 months battery life. Replace batteries once in a year.
- Phone-call alert - Calls your phone in less than 1 minute if movement is detected. GPS location tracking via mobile app for iOS and Android.
- Improved location accuracy with and without GPS signal (e.g. indoors) thanks to 3G and Ublox Celllocate technologies.
2. AMERICALOC GL300 GPS Tracker MXW
AMERICALOC GL300 is one of the best motorcycle GPS trackers you can find on Amazon. It is highly rated, and as we begin to tell you its amazing features, you will know why.
It is a versatile GPS tracker that you can set up on most vehicles. The best thing about this GPS tracker is its battery life. AMERICALOC claims that this GPS tracker has the longest battery life. While reading the reviews, we believe that they are right.
It does not need activation or charges hidden fees. Another attractive feature of this motorcycle GPS tracker is that it provides you with frequent alerts. These alerts include low battery, movement, parked, speeding, device on/off.
This GPS tracker offers you real-time tracking and one year of tracking history. It has its own app that you can download on any android or IOS device and keep track of your motorcycle.
- GPS Tracker for vehicles, people, assets. New version of the famous GL300. 2 months of free service will be added after first service purchase. Service is USD 25 a month or less if you buy more time.
- This is the longest battery life version and the one that works on CAT M1 Technology. No activation or hidden fees. Ready to use. Longer battery life and improved coverage.
- Alerts: movement,parked, speeding, device on/off, low battery, entering or leaving zones, front button pressed.Battery life measured in days or even weeks, not in hours
- Real Time Tracking and 1 year of tracking history. Track from any computer, tablet or phone or just download our Android or IOS APP.
- 1 minute location updates while moving. Can be configured for location updates every 60, 30 or 10 seconds with no additional cost. It is the newest version with CAT M1 Technology.
3. Invoxia Cellular GPS Tracker
Invoxia is a compact and lightweight motorcycle GPS tracker that allows you to monitor your vehicle 24/7. You can use this GPS tracker to keep perfect track of almost all vehicles.
The battery life is exceptional, approximately up to 4 months, and it is even rechargeable. Like any other GPS tracker, it sends an alert to you on detecting suspicious movements.
Moreover, if your bike appears to have >30°, it will send an alert to your mobile.
It will cost you around $39.90 per year, making it one of the most affordable motorcycle GPS trackers. This means that no monthly fees or hidden charges.
Invoxia has two versions. The first one provides you with a one-year data plan, while the second version offers you a two-year data plan.
Also, there is a slight difference in the price of each version. So choose the one that fits your needs perfectly.
- PROTECT & TRACK: 24/7 monitoring offers you peace of mind from anywhere. Perfect for tracking cars, motorcycles, trucks, vans, seniors, strollers, boats, teens, valuables, children, bags and assets.
- NEVER WORRY AGAIN: real time anti-theft alerts let you react quickly to suspicious activity. Set custom alert zones (geofencing) and receive notifications when the tracker enters or leaves them.
- EXCEPTIONAL BATTERY LIFE: up to several months between charges, various tracking modes available. Long life alarm mode (motion sensor) and 5, 10, or 30 minute update rate. Rechargeable in 1 hour.
- NO MONTHLY FEES, NO HIDDEN FEES: 2-year subscription and built-in SIM included, then from just $29.90/year. Uses GPS, Wi-Fi tracking. Works anywhere with 4G LTE-M coverage in the Continental USA and Hawaii.
- STANDALONE & DISCREET: Ready to track out of the box. Set it up instantly via the app and slip it into anything you want to track.No need to plug it in while in use. Lightweight, compact, concealable.
4. Tracki 2021 Model Mini Real time GPS Tracker
Here we present you with the smallest and lightest GPS on this list. Tracki 2021 model is small but has all the essential features to provide you with uninterrupted tracking updates.
What we like the most about this GPS tracker is that it offers worldwide coverage. It would cost you around $19.95 monthly. However, if you choose a long term prepaid plan, it would cost you as low as $9.95.
You can download Tracki’s app on your device to keep track of your motorcycle 24/7. You will receive smart notifications and alerts related to your motorcycles.
Another good thing about buying this motorcycle GPS tracker is that you get seven days of live phone US-based technical experts. They will support you, and also, you can live chat on the Tracki website.
More: Best Motorcycle Locks
- Unlimited distance real time tracking 4G LTE Monthly fee is required. Full USA & all countries worldwide coverage. International SIM card included. We are USA based company focused in GPS tracking. Our competition are just white label resellers. Our client is Vodafone a top cellular company. Track Vehicles, Cars, trucks, Children, dogs, elderly, motorcycle, ATV, boat, equipment, tools, assets, valuables. Monthly fee of 19.95USD is required or as low as 9.95USD (more details in the big paragraph)
- Tracki is smallest & lightest, 1.75x1.5x0.55in, weight only 1.26 oz. Revolutionary 4G LTE + 3G + 2G combined, way better coverage then 4G alone, works everywhere with any network old or new for best coverage. Comes with embedded built in SIM card included and works worldwide. Included attachments: Strong magnet, Dog collar water resistant silicone cover, Belt clip, Key-chain, lanyard. 5 years history. We believe customer is King and provide live 7 days a week phone advisors.
- Rechargeable battery life is up to 5 days (the more it moves the lesser the days) tracking real time every 1-5 minutes. If real time tracking is not needed, battery lasts 30-75 days tracking 1-3 times per day (using battery save mode). Optional accessory (not included ASIN B07YVNV82V) comes with 6 times longer life 3,500mAh battery + magnetic waterproof box, extends battery life to 2 weeks at 1 min update and up to 10 months tracking once a day
- Works with GPS satellites when outdoors as primary tracking technology and when indoors Wi-Fi as a secondary backup tracking. Tracki listens to nearby Wi-Fi routers MAC ID, matching IDs to Wi-Fi database for accurate location when GPS is not available. See the tracking live on the map including compatible with Google Street view. Get real-time alerts when the tracker crosses a Geo-fence zone you set. Receive SOS, low battery, speeding, start moving alerts via App notification, SMS or email
- Lifetime warranty including lost or damaged device. Tracki is cutting-edge & easy to set up working out-of-the-box within a few minutes. Tracki comes included with highly rated smart phone Apps compatible with: Android, iOS and all Internet browsers. Monthly fee of 9.95USD-19.95USD is required.
5. MOTOsafety OBD GPS Car Tracker
If you are looking for a cheap motorcycle GPS tracker, then MOTOSafety is your best option. It is very easy to install and will need a few seconds to set it up. Motosafety itself is affordable. However, it will cost you around $19.50 per month.
The surprising thing about this motorcycle GPS tracker is that it does not include any batteries or charges you hidden fees. It is an advanced GPS tracker that offers you a lot of exciting features.
These features include a Daily driver’s report card, route replay, alerts, Find my car, Geofence capability, driving coach program, and many more. Such features render this GPS tracker an ideal option for you.
- USA, CANADA, & MEXICO COMPATIBLE — Our GPS vehicle tracker currently works in the United States and internationally in North America, so you know exactly where your assets are at between 3 countries.
- LOW MONTHLY COST — $19.50/month for cellular network that transports your data wirelessly, no activation or cancelation fees
- NO BATTERIES REQUIRED - Reliable GPS tracking with no surprise loss in power by running off your vehicle's power.
- NO HIDDEN FEES - (Device cost + $19.50 monthly service fee). No activation fees. No cancellation fees. No upgrade fees.
- FAMILY FOCUS - The only GPS tracker on the market that is developed with input from driving instructors and law enforcement to focus on teen safety to encourage open and honest conversation at home.
Buyer’s Guide For Best Motorcycle GPS Tracker
A GPS tracker is the best way to protect your bike. The modern GPS offers different features apart from safety, but here are a few important factors to consider in a quality GPS tracker.
A GPS tracker is a very innovative way to protect your motorcycle. They need to be weather friendly as this factor assures the durability of the Tracker.
A weatherproof GPS tracker can withstand all the weather easily. It is made up of compact material with hard cases. We would suggest you look for a GPS tracker that falls under this category.
When it comes to a GPS tracker, the best choice is the bigger one! But when it comes to a motorcycle, the most suitable size is a compact GPS tracker that suits you the best for your motorcycle.
If a GPS tracker is too small it will be hard to read, and too big can crash easily in a bike even by a slight clunk.
- Battery Life:
It is another important factor to consider when getting your motorcycle a GPS tracker. The GPS’s battery life is important so that you don’t have to face an uncertain situation, and a good quality product can last longer than a cheap product.
The best GPS can have a battery time of 10000mAh, which can last up to several months easily. GPS trackers with small batteries can barely last up to days or hours and need to be charged frequently.
For the best accuracy/ precision of a GPS tracker, it must have geofencing or geolocation functionality.
It helps you set the boundary of your bike or car. Then you will be warned if your motorcycle enters/leaves this geolocation area. In general, devices update real-time tracking intervals such as 10s, the 30s, or 60s, 5 mins, 10 minutes, and so on.
A GPS tracker must be compatible with your device so that you can function it easily. The best GPS Trackers are those that can easily work with the computer, android, ios, and other operating systems.
Most of the GPS trackers are compatible with iPhone and Android devices.
- Alarm system:
If you want a secure GPS tracker, then an alarm system in it is a perfect pick! When a criminal steals your bike, the alarm system in it starts triggering a loud alarm that alerts you and the people around.
A GPS with an alarm system is a perfect choice because it is more secure than a regular tracker.
The best GPS tracker will have an ergonomic design as it is specially designed to give the best of its function. This type of Tracker is efficient and atmosphere friendly, which works in any environment or weather easily.
Another important thing to consider when buying a GPS tracker make sure it has a customized display. The modern GPS tracker is now equipped with a glove-friendly display as it is more improved substantially and functionally.
Benefits of using a Motorcycle GPS Tracker
GPS trackers are not only ideal for locating your bike if it gets stolen. These devices are coming with a few other benefits as well.
Proper Planning/No Wrong Turns
A quality tracking device can help you plan and record your route and trip so you don’t make any wrong turns. This makes it easy to return and find your way back.
Finding a GPS tracking device for your motorcycle is very easy. It can be located in any store where motorcycle accessories and other GPS devices are sold.
Insurance is definitely one of the most significant benefits. In most cases, companies usually don’t have any problems reducing your coverage rates if your motorcycle has a GPS tracking system.
Added Safety/Theft Protection
If someone steals your motorcycle, you can easily track it down using the information from the tracker. The device gives the police precise and accurate location information for the motorcycle so they can retrieve it.
For an enhanced maintenance culture, getting a tracking device is an excellent investment. This is because they can alert you when the motorcycle is due for servicing.
- Keep in mind that the sportbikes are the most stolen, followed by Harley-Davidsons and other expensive choppers, mainly if they’re left outside in public places. Thieves also target gated parking garages, unfortunately.
- Be cautious about where you park your motorcycle. Try to prevent leaving it outside all night. If necessary, make sure to park it in a well-lit area.
- Do not leave your spare key to your motorcycle in the saddlebag. They can be easily open by thieves with only a butter knife.
- If you don’t have a garage where to park and leave your motorcycle in a public place, you can use a cover to keep it concealed from potential thieves.
- In addition to using a tracking device, you should also protect your motorcycle with a chain, lock, or ground anchor. A tracker alone is not a theft prevention.
Frequently Asked Questions
GPS Tracking – What is it?
Motorcycle GPS tracking gives you a precise location of your bike, which can come in handy if your bike gets stolen. It’s a user-friendly device that works on all motorcycles, cars, and other vehicles.
Tracking devices are using GPS to record the location and transmit it to your phone, computer, or tablet. In most cases, these tracking devices offer more than just information on the site of your motorcycle.
They show information about the speed, direction, and when the motorcycle enters or leaves a specific place.
Where should I hide my tracker?
Suppose you’re investing in one of the more expensive products on the market. In that case, you won’t have the option of knowing where it’s hidden – the fitter will install it and won’t tell you where it’s placed.
It all comes down to keeping the GPS tracker hand, stopping any potential thieves from finding out where it’s placed by overhearing you.
Some GPS systems also mix it up, so there won’t be any consistent area of your bike they would be attached. If you’re fitting the tracker yourself, then hide it as if it’s part of the motorcycle workings so it won’t be seen and removed by thieves.
Are trackers visible?
Most of them are black and compact, but it all depends on where you place them. Most units don’t have any light indicators or anything that could give them away. However, it’s up to you to hide the device well, so it’s not as quickly visible.
Is it hard to install a motorcycle GPS tracker?
It shouldn’t take long to install a GPS tracker. You just need to make sure it is protected from the elements so that it does not degrade.
Do GPS tracked motorcycles need extra protection?
Keeping your bike safe and secure should discourage thieves. There’s no guarantee it won’t actually be damaged in an attempted attack.
In some cases, the worst can still happen, unfortunately. This is why it is essential to buy the best motorcycle insurance cover for you and your needs.
Do all trackers have a monthly subscription fee?
Most high-spec trackers have an upfront cost, a monthly fitting fee, and a monthly fee. The monthly fee ensures your motorcycle will be monitored 24/7 by a call center.
They will alert you if there’s any movement. In most cases, they’ll work with the police to help you trace your motorcycle.
Is there a limit to GPS trackers?
A GPS tracker’s limit depends a lot on the model. Some models work via satellite; thus, they can operate all over the world. The SIM card used in the GPS tracker can also determine the limit or extent of your tracker.
Do GPS trackers deactivate when the motorcycle is stopped?
This mostly depends on the GPS device and the settings. If you keep the unit awake at all times, it can drain the battery. Fortunately, many trackers have an internal motion feature that wakes the device up if it starts to move.
Do all GPS trackers need a sim card?
Not all GPS trackers require a sim card, and not all models will make a sim card available for the users.
GPS tracker is a valuable gadget that will help you keep track of your motorcycle all the time. Moreover, the alarm system in it will alert you if any thief tries to steal your motorcycle.
With this article, we aim to provide you with the best motorcycle GPS trackers and hope that we successfully succeeded.
Our favorite pick from the above list is MoniMoto – Smart Motorcycle GPS Tracker and Alarm. It is an outstanding GPS tracker that includes a number of great features to ensure your bike’s complete safety.
You will have no problem keeping track of your motorcycle with this GPS tracker.